Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Edin-brrrrr

So last Saturday.. I went to Edinburgh. And the night before, I had only an hour of sleep. Imagine just coming home around 4-5 in the morning, waking up at 6 30 am to shower and getting ready.

Boy it really felt sucky walking around the entire day feeling extremely cold, tired and hungry. The weather was terrible. Extremely wet and windy. Bad combination brrrr.

Its my fault anyway for not planning my time properly.

However, the trip wasnt too bad. I expected more though since everyone mentioned that Edinburgh was reallly beauuuutiful with all the castles and stuff.

It was. But I'm more of a city kinda girl. Shopping. Sorreeh.



At St. Andrew Bus Station. Edinburgh is just an hour away from Glasgow so it wasnt too bad.




Isnt it beautiful! Somehow it gave me this ancient days kinda feeling. Like rome.



Face cannot make it.

We were kinda lost in the city, using maps and gps via blackberry.

First stop was The Scotch Whisky Experience which was actually a whisky distillation place.





Their collection of whiskys were endless. A whisky drinker would die to be there. Single malt. But im not into whiskys so yeah.

Next up was the Edinburgh Castle.



A huge let down for me cos I heard about it so much from other people saying that its amazing and all but unfortunately, it wasnt that interesting.





The view was amazing though!









We left after an hour. Bored and cold as hell.


The streets of Edinburgh.









To kill more time, we went to this optical illusion place which was 5 stories high called camera oscura. Was pretty entertaining though with loads of stuff to play with.



And as for dinner..

(this is the best part)



.. I had ROAST DUCK AND ROAST PORK.

It wasnt great but dude, it made my day.





Peking duck muahahahahahaa.

Ok-aay. What has UK done to me.

Overall, it wasnt such a bad trip but I've made my own conclusion that Glasgow is my FAVOURITE city in scotland.

The end :)



No comments:

Post a Comment